Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In Need of Healing

Many of us have dealt with heartbreak. If you deny it, I'd call you a liar. Heartbreak can even tie into the feeling of rejection, which correlates with hurt. So if you were ever rejected and felt hurt, you dealt with heartbreak--but not to its full extent. The purpose of this blog is clearly as it states. As a victim of heartbreak, not love, my heart and soul need healing. I will do my best to blog each day and yes, I will write about him, perhaps others. Sharing about him will allow me to vent and recognize that it was another chapter closed in my life. Do I blame him? Sometimes, I find that I do. Was it his fault? Like they say, it takes two to tango. It was both of us. Failed relationship comes from both sides, whether or not one tried to fight for it better than the other. Frankly, some people just suck at relationships and have no mere concept of what true love is. My basis of love comes from 1 Corinthians 13:4-8:

  • 4 Love is patient; love is kind. It does not envy; it does not boast; it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others; it is not self-seeking; it is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.
There is no greater description of love than that. Not even Shakespeare could be so selfish-less as to give his life for love as Jesus Christ did on the cross. Yes, I will speak about God, but I will also share my thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc. My hopes are that one day I can replace the word love in these biblical verses with Claudette. That way: Claudette is patient; Claudette is kind. Claudette does not envy; Claudette does not boast; Claudette is not proud, so forth. Maybe one day, through this journey of healing, I will learn to fully love without expecting love in return, but just to love everyone--each person--in this world. My heart's desire is to become a wife and a mother. However, if I can not fully heal my heart and soul, I will be incapable of doing so. Maybe, many of you need healing as well. To whoever might read this blog, I hope I can inspire and help you in your journey to healing and in your path to learning how to love.


2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful read I really have learned on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang ganda nabasa ko sa 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

    ReplyDelete